subscribe to this newsletter by using form at bottom of page
Webinar Announced Detailing Features in ProModel / MedModel 2018
Join our webinar on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 from 1-2 pm ET to view the latest in software development of our ProModel and MedModel products. See the updated look and feel of the application’s more modern, fluent user interface that provides more ease and control of your model building experience. This significant version will include such features as a Ribbon Toolbar, Docking Windows, and Right-Click Context Menus as described below:
- Ribbon Toolbar: The traditional menus and toolbars are being replaced with a fluent Ribbon toolbar like you find in Microsoft Office applications. The new Ribbon will make it easier to access the various modules and features within the application and better facilitate touch screen and high-resolution devices.
- Docking Windows: Windows will be docked within the new workspace interface, which means that when you adjust the size of one window, the others automatically resize accordingly. Say goodbye to overlapping windows. You will also be able to stack windows on top of each other and quickly access them from their respective tab thus saving valuable view space.
- Right-Click Context Menus: Context menus will be available in every table and accessible by right-clicking in any field within that table. For example, you will be able to quickly delete, insert or move a record with a simple right-click of the mouse.
Westar Energy Saves 15% in Service Agent Overtime Using ProModel Simulation
“The amazing thing about the ProModel software tool is it allows you to create millions and millions of unique scenarios to run in a very short time. Processes are complex, but that’s no reason to not listen to your data. ProModel can get you up and running with very little investment making a big impact on improving your processes.” — Westar Operational Analytics Manager
The energy industry changes at an unprecedented rate as companies contend with continuously fluctuating energy demands. Westar Energy, the largest electric provider in Kansas, is planning a merger with another utility company in order to improve competitiveness and customer service as well as to increase market size. The sharing of resources, infrastructure, assets, and business expertise will strengthen both companies.
However, the resulting organization and larger customer base also presents challenges. Before implementing any changes to current electric service agent policies and procedures, Westar wanted to be able to examine the effect of agent home base locations, area assignments, and shift schedules on costs and customer service Key Performance Indicators. They selected ProModel Corporation to provide them with a simulation modeling capability to assist with their analyses. Read the rest of the story
Government & DoD Top
All Army Excess Management with LMI-DST Auto Sourcing and Custom Reports
LMI DST was designed primarily as a logistics-planning tool under the direction of AMC (Army Materiel Command) taking the lead as the lead materiel integrator for the Army. A critical aspect of this effort is having the ability to simulate the ever-changing demand landscape and be able to report on the results. Today, LMI-DST’s Auto-Sourcing/ COA capability allows users to model changes to demand while taking into account modernization of equipment, providing the best possible sourcing solutions for the future. Read the rest of the story
Modernization Level of Equipment for Selected Unit(s)
Life Sciences Top
Leading Pharma Company Meets New Drug Production Targets with the Help of Simulation
A Philadelphia-area based developer of new drug products based on existing NSAIDs was beginning production of a new non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, at a vendor location. This product involves a proprietary sub-micron milling process that requires extensive cleaning between milling passes. Due to the logistics of this cleaning process, it is challenging to accurately predict system performance.
The objectives of this simulation solution were:
Read the rest of the story
- Accurate projections of the monthly, quarterly, and annual throughput for this facility
- Identify the correct number of tanks and bins necessary to support the Milling Process with an emphasis on the turnaround time necessary for wash, inspection, and chilling
- Experiment with varying delay times for various process steps in order to understand the impact on system performance
- Determine the number of FTE’s required for milling and tank wash, roller compaction and encapsulation processes
- Determine bottleneck areas
- Identify non value-added or redundant processes
- Identify a cost-effective deployment strategy
- Test an unlimited number of schedule demand scenarios
- Determine and or increase throughput capabilities across scenarios
- Enable the client team to change model inputs for rapid “what-if” scenarios
- Analyze resource use and requirements (Equipment, WFI, etc.) over time and across any demand scenario
ProModel Corporation offers all professional software packages for teaching and research purposes at an extremely discounted rate. (Signed Academic License Agreement is required.) All academic packages are available only for educational purposes and are not to be used for commercial consulting.
For more details about the academic program visit promodel.com/industries/academic or email email@example.com.
ProModel offers comprehensive training for all our modeling software. We provide basic, advanced, and refresher courses, as well as custom training taught by our expert instructors and consultants. You can choose between pre-scheduled public classes at one of our locations or we also offer private on-site trainings or jump-starts scheduled at your convenience and at your own facilities.
The Simulation Essentials course is scheduled on a monthly basis and is a great way to get you started using ProModel or MedModel. To see a schedule of available courses and course outlines click here.
Refresher Training Videos Available
Monthly webinars are held on a variety of topics to help you brush up your skills if you have not been using your simulation tools lately or need additional help on a specific topic. The live sessions are offered to our clients with a current maintenance and support contract, but the sessions are recorded and available for public viewing at http://www.promodel.com/services/refreshercourses/.
If you have an interest in a specific topic you would like to suggest for a future webinar, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will send one of our instructors to your location for a two- or three-day intensive training seminar for up to ten students a location of your choosing. You staff can become proficient in any of the ProModel software packages at a reasonable price.
Jump-Start training is an excellent way to "jump-start" a specific project based on ProModel predictive technology. We will help you get started and take you as far as you wish to go. A great way to start a project and get some training at the same time!
YouTube Training Videos
ProModel provides a number a training videos posted on YouTube to help you with many specific topics. Please visit the ProModel Channel to search for videos that will give you tips and tricks to help you find solutions for your modeling projects.
To learn more about the training options available that would best fit your needs, contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or check out our training services page.